Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Ten Things I Want To Do This Summer

I may not be there quite yet (15 more school days for me), but summer is definitely on the brain! Memorial Day was such a teaser, especially knowing that so many of you are now finished and enjoying your break. Anyway, I have seen a lot of people linking up with Deanna Jump for her summer linky, and I decided I HAD to join!


We don't have any big vacations planned this year, but I still think it will be a fun summer...if it will ever get here!


I have lived in Virginia for eight years now, and I STILL haven't been to Busch Gardens. Oh, and did I mention we're only 45 minutes away? It's ridiculous. Especially now that Keagan is old enough he could enjoy the kiddie area.


Keagan LOVES trains, and we've talked about taking a short day trip to DC where we could also visit the zoo. I just need to check on tickets and get that together. He'd love it!


I've already gotten a good head start on my "summer reading" with testing at school, but there is a LONG list of books that I would like to read, and notice that only one of those pictures is professional development! I plan on taking time to read for pleasure!



I was lucky enough to meet Andrea and Nikki last November after a Reading conference, and we talked about putting together a meet-up then. We still haven't finalized anything, but we are getting very close to it! If you're a VA blogger and haven't heard anything yet, please leave me a comment so I can let you in on all the information we have so far!


Now that Steven teaches and has the summers off, we get a lot of great quality family time. This summer will be even more fun, though, because I plan on spending lots of time with my new nephew (well, once he gets here) and his mommy while she's on maternity leave! Plus my brother is supposed to bring his girlfriend up to visit, AND my parents are planning on making a trip out to see us. And that's just the family side of things. I plan on spending time with plenty of people this summer!


I may burn like crazy, but this little guy makes the beach a MUST for summer! He loves playing in the sand, running toward the waves, and he just looks too cute! We do need to find a new fedora, though. This one has seen better days...


I started watching on Amazon Prime back in January, and I'm now about halfway through Season 3. SO good! I guess after I finally catch up, I'll need to find something else to start!


I've been doing the class for 4 weeks now, and I'm finally getting ready to add some more weight to my bar. But I really want to be able to go more than once a week. Looking forward to taking a few extra classes during the day!


I've heard about these parties and REALLY want to start one up. The girls in my community group from church sound interested, so now I need to start planning. I found this website that will hopefully help (and give you information if you have no idea what I'm talking about)!


I'll be honest. This is something I would LIKE to do, but I may not get very far. It's just not one of my priorities...thus the fact that I listed it as #10. I have some ideas for products, but we'll see how many of them actually come to fruition. First I need to actually finish this one. Maybe if I were doing it instead of wasting time doing things like making each of these items look cute...

Anyway, that's my list! What are your summer plans? Anything big?


4 comments:

  1. We have a Busch Gardens here in Florida that I enjoyed going to. They have some neat animal areas. I wonder if yours does also. I am wondering if I should read Game of Thrones now that I'm all caught up on all the episodes. I still need to watch Downton Abbey. I know we have talked about it before, but I never got around to watching it. Maybe I will watch it with my mom this summer. We had a Christmas Pinterest party where everyone brought a craft for everyone to make. It was really fun!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a VA blogger! I'd love to hear more about your get together! I've been wanting to meet up with some of the awesome bloggers we have here in VA!!

    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook
    beyondthegradebook12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also, have to take the kids to the zoo in DC. But I'll be driving, as it's like, right there. See you at the meet-up!
    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose
    The Meek Moose on TpT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the meet-up! Busch Gardens is great! I went when I lived in Louisiana and only went once or twice once I lived in VA. It is a four hour drive for us, so we don't go often.

    If you need any help with a Pinterest party, let me know. A group of us at school have them, and they are super fun!

    Have a fun summer!! Enjoy reading those books! The Book Thief is great!!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete