Friday, May 2, 2014

Currently MAY!!

Hooray for May!! This year has been tough, and I'm not 100% sure why. Maybe it's because of all the snow days, maybe the kids just aren't as motivated...I just don't feel like I'm seeing the progress that I should, and I'm honestly ready to just start over and hope for the best with the end of this year. I know that sounds terrible, but I'm exhausted and frustrated. Do you ever have years like that? Last year, I could look at most of my kids by the end of the year and say, "Wow! They've grown so much!" What's different this year? I even have some of the same kids. We don't finish until June 17, but May is when we begin our state tests so it still signifies the end of the year to me.

Anyway, let's get down to the real reason why you're here!


Listening: I don't know about you, but I enjoy the quiet of the morning at school. It helps me relax and get ready for the day!

Loving: If you've followed me for a while, you may know that I've really been struggling with motivation this year, including working out. I lost my pregnancy weight over a year ago, and I was just at a plateau where I didn't feel like anything was helping me tone - Insanity, Zumba, Jillian Michaels...I was frustrated. Well, I've been meaning to renew my gym membership and try weights. So I went during Spring Break and got a membership that included classes. So far, I've already gone at least twice a week, and I'm planning on doing Body Pump twice a week once I can get my schedule to work out. That first class was HARD, but it was so rewarding!


Thinking: This is the year of babies! My sister had a baby girl back in March who I finally got to meet at the beginning of April...
Don't you just LOVE her and the little crab bow?

Well, now we're preparing for Steven's sister to have her little boy! Tomorrow is the big shower, and I've got some things to get ready tonight. I'll have to take pictures and share (maybe I'll even participate in Monday Made-It). She's going with a nautical theme, and I'm making a bunting sign for her little boy. Plus I ordered some precious cupcakes that I can't wait to get tonight and see!

Wanting: Kind of explained this earlier, so I won't say much more. Just that we have 1 1/2 more weeks before we start testing. Our tests are all on the computer, so it takes a little longer. However, this year we are taking FOUR WEEKS for all three grades to finish tests. I'm going to be a testing zombie by the end because I help with them pretty much every day. Yuck!

Needing: This is a busy (but fun) time of year. We got a ton of rain earlier this week, and I honestly hoped that the roads would be too flooded for us to have school yesterday. I know. We've already had 12-ish snow days AND I just finished saying how I want more review time. But I'm still exhausted. At least I'll have Sunday to relax all day since our church had to cancel for some HUGE bike race that will basically make it impossible to get to my church. 

Surprise: I went to my last post about my giveaway (which you should definitely enter if you haven't) and picked one of my sweet followers who has already commented. Go show Jamie some love...



...and then go enter my giveaway!



7 comments:

  1. I agree with you!! We've had 12 snow days and with some of my kids I keep catching myself thinking, "Ugh. I'm done. We'll just have to try again next year..." Which is so sad when there are still twenty-some days left but ohh man. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets really tough! We have 30 more days left, but with state tests starting in 7 days I do feel like we're out of time. It's nice to know I'm not alone!

      Delete
  2. Yay for you on your big celebration! There's baby fever going on in your world!! SO adorable! Teachers are superhuman - you'll totally fit it all in!! Have an awesome weekend, Melissa!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree. The snow days have made this year kind of strange. I am hoping next winter is much better! I agree, though. There is never enough time before the test. I am glad you are getting into a workout groove! That is great, especially with summer coming up!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks so much for picking me as your surprise!! You are super sweet to do so!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about this year's group of kiddos . . . they have been so difficult and although I've seen progress, it's not nearly as much as I'd like to see. They just aren't motivated to try and I've pulled out all my "tricks". Nothing seems to work!

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those snow days were nice to have, but they sure are making it seem like this year will never end. We had five here in Wisconsin and get out on June 13th now. :( Congrats on getting back into the fitness swing. I had my babies 15 years ago and I'm still trying to do the same. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete