Friday, May 23, 2014

Five for Friday


We are now finished with week two of testing, and I'm SO glad! I've been doing a lot of reading and can now highly recommend that you read this book:


It was so good that I finished it in a day! Then I finished The Strange Case of Origami Yoda during another testing session. For the past two days, I've been working my way through The Book Thief on my kindle, which I'm enjoying so far!



Yesterday I didn't have anyone to test, so I started on my first new product in MONTHS! So many people enjoy my mysteries that I decided to make a summer one. Then I'm thinking I may bundle all of them together for one big product! 


I also joined the #3weeksnocheats movement on Instagram, although I started a day late. I'm avoiding cokes (which will be REALLY hard this weekend) and cutting back on desserts. Like maybe 1 or 2 a week instead of after every meal. Yeah, I would do that. Anyway, follow me on Instagram by clicking here or on my icon up top to see my progress!


And while you're on my Instagram, will you do me a favor and like this picture? I'm trying to win a contest for one of my FAVORITE boutiques, James & Leigh, but I have a long way to go to win. I'd love you forever and do whatever you wanted! That is, unless it was illegal...


Unlike some of you who had your last day today, I'm just beginning my official countdown in my room. We have a 3 day weekend that I plan on enjoying to the fullest, and then I come back for 3 1/2 more weeks. Oh well. I have some planning to get through in between testing, so I can "make it work". That's become my slogan these last few weeks. Tim Gunn would be so proud! (Sorry, any other Project Runway fans out there? I haven't watched in a few years, but I used to LOVE that show!)

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I picked up Prisoner B at the Scholastic Warehouse sale but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm glad to know it's a great read!
    Have a great weekend!
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book idea- I added it to my book shopping list! I know the Book Thief is popular right now and I cannot remember if I have already read it! Thanks for sharing!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your countdown in your frame. Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard several people mention the Prison B-3087 book. I will definitely need to check this out. Thanks for the reminding me!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know where your cup is from. It looks like one of those mason jar ones but that it might actually fit into a cup holder!
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete