Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tried it Tuesday - Clipart

Wow, this week has just begun and it already has become difficult. First, Keagan woke up with a swollen  eye and gunk yesterday morning, but we thought it was just allergies. When we dropped him off at the sitter, we learned that another boy had pink-eye. After his eye ended up getting worse, my father-in-law had to pick him up. I stayed home with him today to take him to the doctor. Hopefully it will be cleared up tomorrow so he can go back to the sitter. Otherwise tomorrow will be another day at home. We'll see!

Then I get home yesterday and learn about the tragedy in Boston. I am not and have no desire to be a runner, but I have met quite a few through my weight-loss journey (mostly online). My heart goes out to all who were affected, and I am praying for their friends and families as well. Prayers that no more lives are lost!


Photobucket

My sweet friend, Holly, has been running this linky for a few weeks. I have done it once, but I just can't seem to get it together enough to join most weeks. Since I was home today, I decided I should at least make a short post about what I actually tried today (and next week's may be about what I'm trying tonight!). Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to try and make my own clipart since I couldn't find anything I liked for Cinco de Mayo. I'm still working on it because I can't figure out how to make the white background go away. Anyone that can walk me through that?

Well, I drew it by hand since I was testing yesterday and left my book at home. Then I scanned it and copied each item into paint to color. That's as far as I've gotten so far, but I think the items are looking cute! I'm going to share one with you as a free sample, and if anyone can tell me how to make the background transparent, I'll give you the whole set for free (that's 31 items - 10 black and white, 21 color)!!

Isn't he precious?

5 comments:

  1. I know it has something to do with saving it as a .png, but I tried to save some things that way and mine doesn't go away either. Clearly, I'm no help. LOL
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey


    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! So often I wish that I was even a little bit artistic...I cannot draw to save my life. I am crafty, but I cannot draw, and my kiddos know it and get the biggest kick out of it! Great job! :o)
    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure this is the most efficient way, but I can tell you how I make transparent backgrounds! I use photoshop, but you can download a free program called "Gimp." Since your image is a jpeg now, you have to remove the white background first. You use the little magic wand to highlight the background and then delete it. Then save the file as a .png, making sure the settings say transparent background. (Which is the default - I THINK) Hope that helps?

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This looks so good! I'd love to learn how to make my own clip art. Sorry, no tips from me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to suggest using GIMP too. It is free, and I have used it for some things, like taking the white background out of my blog header when I made it. It is very easy to do! Cute clip art! Wish I could draw!!!
    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete