Monday, April 1, 2013

Currently April

I wasn't planning on doing any posts except for the one I have scheduled for tomorrow since I'm on break (and down in GA with my family), but I forgot about Farley's linky. And you know this is my favorite linky! Plus everyone's napping right now, and it doesn't take long to put this one together.


Listening: Like I said, everyone's napping (well except my dad who's working on his computer, and mom's at work. Her break was last week). My parents have a grandfather clock that was passed down to it, and it's so relaxing to just listen to it tick. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just weird like that.

Loving: This was a no-brainer. I'm on break, and it's fantastic! Plus the weather is amazing down here (and at home apparently, but we're wearing shorts here). For an example of how different this week is compared to last Monday, let me give you a side-by-side of Monday and Saturday for Keagan!
 
Seriously, people. This is only 5 days apart and in the same place! VA weather is crazy!

But anyway, we drove down to GA yesterday at 2 am (because Keagan was supposed to sleep the whole way and we wanted to surprise my parents and go to church with them. We got in around 9:30, rushed to my parents house to quickly shower and change, then we made it in time for the worship service. They were so surprised (and I love a good surprise)!! I wish I'd taken a picture with all of us, but we didn't get it together. Still, doesn't Keagan look adorable in his suit?
It was a little rainy outside, so we opted for a picture by the cross. Not the most ideal backdrop, but I think we look good!

Thinking: My secret pal really outdid his/herself at work this week! I got a basket with some goodies, including a B&N gift card! Now I just have to figure out what books I want to buy. Decisions, decisions. Any recommendations?

Wanting: I didn't get enough Reese's eggs this Easter. Maybe there are still some at the grocery stores? I doubt it though. Do they make any like that for the summer months, or do I have to wait until the pumpkins start coming out for Halloween? I don't think I can survive that long! I vote a flag shaped Reese for 4th of July!

Needing: Ever since I reached my goal weight last month, I've been eating what I want and just working out. Now, I'm doing some intense workouts (on week 4 of Insanity, and I only missed yesterday out of the 24ish days I've been doing it), so I don't feel too guilty. However, I think it would help if I cut back on some sweets and made sure I was eating more fruits and veggies like I was when I was trying to lose the weight. 

Advice: This goes right along with the last two. I gained almost 50 pounds when I got pregnant last year, and it took a full year to get back down to a size I was pleased with (I did start out a little underweight, so I didn't go all the way back to pre-baby weight). Now I don't want to lose anymore, but I have some major belly fat. I'm scared that I'm fighting genetics, but I'm busting my butt trying to get fit. If I had not sat around and eaten everything in sight (or at least got up and walked some while I was pregnant instead of being so lazy), I think this would have been a much easier journey. I'm determined that next time around I will be more prepared. 

Sorry that NONE of this post had anything to do with teaching, but I'm on break and don't want to think about teaching. Come back tomorrow for tons of ideas, and go link up with Farley right now!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, that's a great picture of your family! I'm sure your parents were so surprised and happy to see you all in time for church. I love your son's name by the way. It was my top pick for my oldest son's name but my hubby wouldn't agree to it. Enjoy the rest of your break!
    Wendy
    OneHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't spring break the BEST?! I wish the weather was warmer in Chicago, but no such luck. Enjoy the rest of your break with your beautiful family!
    LOVE your blog name. So glad to have found you through Farley.
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your spring break with your family! Your son is adorable!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over from Currently, I am your newest follower and I loved learning about your family! Your picture is wonderful and your son is adorable!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the pic in front of the cross is ever so perfect!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little family! Happy Easter :)

    Ahhh the joy that comes with a Barnes and Noble gift card - oh the potential! I LOVE book shopping - I could sit and peruse books for hours!

    Classroom book suggestions: The Shadow Children Series and the "I Survived..." historical fiction series. Both sets are big hits in my classroom this year!

    Enjoy your Spring Break,

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Target today for some sale candy and they had TONS of Recees peanut butter eggs! There's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your family picture is beautiful. I agree with you on those Reese eggs. Luckily I discovered the mini ones this year. Same great taste, less guilt. Maybe these are old news? But they were new to me!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete