Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Product Revamped - Candy Awards

One of my first products when I began my TPT store about this time last year were my Candy Awards. I had seen some that were cute, but they weren't exactly my style. Plus I wanted more options. So I made my first big seller (and when I say "big seller", I mean I sold about 10, which was awesome, especially right after I opened the store).

I've learned a LOT about making products look their best since then (the biggest being that Powerpoint is WAY easier to work in than Word), and I've been meaning to breathe new, more colorful life into these awards. Well, the end of school is coming quicker than I realized, and I've noticed these have started picking up in sales again. So I made it my mission to finish the upgrade. What do you think?

Before:

After:
TN or TPT

It's amazing how a pretty background and border came make a world of difference! I kept most of the images the same, but it needed an extra umph to make it stand out. I'm in love with them all over again!

Now if only I could motivate myself to finish my next set of literacy centers - anybody a fan of camping?

4 comments:

  1. Very cute...and I think the van in the camping preview is precious! ;)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! That's my latest "to-do list" addition- revamping my "old" products! Isn't it great how much we've grown?! And I'm with you on the Word vs. PPT thing- oh my gosh. Why wasn't I doing that all along?!?
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of real camping myself, but we read Henry and Mudge and the Starry Night, so we talk about camping.

    BTW, I was a Girl Scout for years and loved camping back in the day. Now that I am older, I prefer electricity and running water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your candy awards are adorable! Glad I found your blog, I'm your newest follower!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete