Monday, April 8, 2013

Stranded on an island?

Today was the first day back, and I am tired! Feels like the perfect time to link up with Latoya!


This week, we each have to come up with three things we would have to have with us if we were stranded on an island. I'm going to cheat a little and assume that my family is stranded with me because I wouldn't travel without them, right?


LOTS of sunscreen! Not only does this girl fry, but now I have created an equally pale little redheaded dude to lather up. Oh, and did I mention that our dermatologist (because the hubs and I both already have one we go to regularly) deemed Steven a "high risk patient" for skin cancer? Yes, sunscreen please! Actually, we might just buy stock in Coppertone!


If I'm not going to have electricity or WiFi to fill my computer obsession (unless I happened to be stranded on Key West - please?!), then I will need books. Anything by Elin Hilderbrand, Jodi Picoult, or Emily Giffin will do! 


If we're going to be stuck for a while, we will need some kind of tool to cut down trees for shelter or open coconuts. And since my wonderful hubby will be with me and I don't touch sharp objects because I'm too much of a klutz, I think it would be perfect to bring a hatchet. Obviously it will be in some protective case for me Keagan. After all, that's all Brian (from Hatchet) needed to survive in the wilderness. We should be good, right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hatchet! What a good, sad, interesting book. Good thinking bringing it with you to the island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! an ax! Maybe we should all stay on an island together so we will have everything we need.

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete