Friday, May 31, 2013

Five for Friday

It's time to link up again for the last day of May! Tomorrow begins my birthday month, anniversary month, the end of school, AND later in the month vacation! But first, let's focus on what has been going on this past week.

Today was basically the last day of testing (two more classes for math). Praise God!! I haven't had much of anything else going on at school the past two weeks because I have either been sitting outside of testing sessions helping monitor bathrooms/offer help when needed OR I was testing a small group/individual. Of course, I could have spent my time more wisely when I was outside of the testing sessions, but I did catch up on reading blogs!

I did, however, take a little bit of time to start working on my summer literacy centers. I still have a LOT of work to do, but I'm hoping to get them finished by the end of next week. Maybe teachers who are in school as long as I am can use them for the last week. Or maybe they'd be perfect for summer school. OR for those of you who are already out and will be back to school in August, you can use them then! Here's a sneak peak. I'm using Krista's clipart again. I just love it!


We were actually able to get little man back from the beach, although I think he's going through Pawpaw withdrawals. I can't blame him after spending an entire week having a blast there and then coming back home where there's no pool or beach. At least we'll be able to make plenty of day trips since Steven and I will both be home all summer.

 
 Since Monday was Memorial Day and we had it off, we went to a cookout with some friends. The kids had a blast, and Keagan was no exception.

This weekend, we're going to the wedding of a very good friend. Sarah Jo was my college roommate, but she is also the reason that Steven and I even met. They were high school show choir partners here in Virginia, and he actually had a little bit of a crush on her (which is the reason he made a trip to GA in the first place, but that's another story for another day - maybe on our anniversary!). Anyway, being that we were roomies for 3 years, there are a lot of inside jokes. One big joke had to do with going camping on your honeymoon. Well, guess where's she's going for her honeymoon? Bonnaroo - in a tent! We decided we HAD to do something as a joke for her. So I used my creating powers and whipped up some fun little "fortune cookie" quotes. Then I added "in a tent" to the end of each of them. Here's a preview (and I'm assuming she doesn't read this blog, but I guess I am taking a chance).


Next week, I should have at least a few pictures because we'll be back to doing something (although I'm done pulling groups for the year). It's time to do more running records, and then we have Field Day Thursday and Friday. Do you split field day between upper and lower grades? 

5 comments:

  1. Your son is precious. He reminds me of my boys when they were little. So sweet...enjoy those years. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa. Your son is adorable on the beach. How old is he? I have a 2 year old little guy & he calls my stepdad Pawpaw. I've never heard it from anyone else outside of our family. I guess it's a southern thing, (I live in NJ so it's not common here) my stepdad is from Georgia & him & my mom live in South Carolina right. I love your blog design, so cute. I'm your newest follower.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your post, and love the name of your blog! Just found you through Five for Friday! I am a new follower... Thanks for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Field Day involves stations that each grade rotates through. We used to have a couple stations that were completely different for the older and younger kids, but at this point we've got a set of stations that can be easily adapted depending on the age of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son on the beach is so cute! I bet he had a wonderful time there playing. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete