Friday, May 10, 2013

Five for Friday

So glad that Friday is here again. Only 5 more left before school is out for summer! I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodlebugs Teaching again for her Five for Friday. Enjoy all the pictures this week (I'm so proud at how on top of things I was) because we start testing next Thursday, and that will be the end of picture-taking at school for a while.
fiveforfriday

I also decided to make these precious little numbers for my post using Kevin and Amanda fonts. Feel free to borrow them if you like!

I was loving some Teacher Appreciation! I posted some pictures from earlier in the week. This was a sweet little Pinterest-inspired gift from one of my students (the one who brought a little treat Monday and Tuesday). I LOVE it! And once again, they were sweet enough to make one for my para as well.


I participated in the TPT sale and was thrilled to buy a few items from my wishlist. Can you tell that summer's on my mind? Click on the pictures to view the items. I'm in love with all of them and can't wait to use the clipart in some fun products! And I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' to share what I bought:


I bought these to send home with my students for the summer. Thinking of cutting them up and putting them in baggies to take home. I may even be nice enough to print them on card stock!



Click on the linky button to see what others bought. I would love to browse and see some of my products!

I got my book order from Amazon when I went to the office on Wednesday! I wanted to buy some great read-alouds that I could use for teaching specific skills. I used Linda Hoyt's Guide to Interactive Read-Alouds to choose some books (and then I picked a few others that I was always searching for/using this year). Since we had $100, I had to choose carefully (plus I needed tape), but I managed to buy 12 books!

Recognize any favorites?



Since 5th grade went on a field trip Tuesday and we had a "wild rumpus" to celebrate reaching our goal for reading month on Thursday, I had time to work on my door. I thought about making it related to testing, but I stop pulling kids next Thursday, and none of the older kids walk by my door (I'm on the kindergarten/1st grade wing - don't ask why). So I decided to make it a cute countdown to the end of the year. Yesterday was 25 days. We're now at 24. So excited to be at a countdown number!



This little man has been quite the ham recently! 

Mommy taught him to stick out his tongue - yes, I'm a bad mommy!


Yesterday we learned that he's starting "pushing epidemics" at the sitter's. Not to be mean, just rough-housing like little boys do. Once he pushes someone, the other kids start pushing as well. So we were asked to work with him on that. Oops!

Photo: Cool dude

This morning, he discovered his sunglasses we bought last summer. I had to snap a picture - not the best lighting, but I thought it was cute!

How was your week?

7 comments:

  1. I recognize some favorites from Mentor Sentences in those books!! :) :) Happy Friday!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teacher appreciation gift!! Your little guy is also a cutie!!

    I am your newest follower :)

    Nikki
    The Cozy Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sunglasses pic! :) The summer task cards also look awesome.
    Erin
    I'm Lovin Lit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little ham...I have 2 of my own. :) Your door looks fab! :) I'm grabbing your button. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hot air balloon door decoration...sharing at Pinterest!

    Stellaluna is still one of my favorites... :)

    Have a great weekend,
    Nicolette
    The Classroom Creative

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through Five for Friday and I LOVE your blog name lol. I am always up too late!

    Sarah
    The Eager Teacher
    Miss Eager

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you through Doodlebugs and am now a follower. Love the hot air balloon!!
    Just Reed!

    ReplyDelete