Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Magic Tree House unit and snow?

I'm REALLY hoping that today was my Friday! After having temps in the upper 60s and even 70s last week, they're now calling for snow in our area starting in a few hours. This morning they said 6 pm, so hopefully it will wait until then. I usually get home around 5. So I prepared all of my kids with the typical snow homework (ice cube down the toilet and pjs inside out), and I'm praying for a snow day! We can miss one more day before the semester ends next Monday and not have to make up President's Day. I would LOVE a four day weekend! Is anybody else getting a snow day? Do you love them as much as I do, or are they more of a nuisance to you? Maybe it's because I grew up in the deep south and still get as excited as the children when it snows since I rarely saw it growing up.


Well, no matter if we have a snow day or not, next Tuesday I will begin a new historical fiction book study with one of my groups. It was not a book that I already had, but I got a copy from the teacher to go ahead and prepare. I love historical fiction, so I'm very excited about doing this study. As usual, the packet breaks the book into 6 sections (the last page is a reflective writing assignment). The questions range include reflections, straight from the book, vocabulary, and even some visualizing. Enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. I love snow days!!! I think I love them more as a teacher than I did as a student! I will do a snow dance for you.

    My Journey to 5th Grade

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your snow! I tried sending it your way! Hope it worked! Loving our snow here and no teacher workday for me, but we need to miss some anyway!! If we don't use any snow days, we will get Good Friday off. I may actually take that, so I can go way down south soon. Enjoy!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, just a two hour delay up here! Early dismissal yesterday though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I have been to your blog countless times and when I just stopped by, I saw you were at 199 followers!! I knew I must be following already (who can keep track?) but hit "follow blog" anyway and I became your 200th follower!!! What?!? Some things are just meant to be...haha!! Congratulations! Did you get your snow day?
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Maryland and have been teaching there for 12 years! It's nice to find someone who is close by. We have had 0 snow days this year but I am glad to be off on Monday for Dr. MLK,Jr.
    leannebaurscreativeclassroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am exited to find another Title 1 Reading teacher in blogspace! I teach Title 1 Reading, with a couple of Math groups sprinkled in.

    Amy
    EclecticEducating

    ReplyDelete