Sunday, August 18, 2013

Walmart BIG Teacher Reward + TPT sales!

I got a very exciting piece of news today that I want to make sure you all know about. Walmart is currently giving away $50 gift cards to teachers so they can spend it on school supplies and nutritious snacks!

Thank you for your service ...


"What?" "No way. That can't be true!" That's what I thought when I heard it, but it's true. Steven's mom called after she heard it (apparently it was announced in our Walmart yesterday), so being that Keagan decided he was going to skip out on his nap after church anyway, we decided to just head up there and see if it was true.

Apparently it's very new because the customer service people had to call and ask a few different people in the store (after giving us very strange looks), but the woman eventually came over with a handful of gift cards and thanked us for letting her know. We had to activate them before using, but that's what smartphones are for, right?

Steven has already spent half of his, but I'm being very strategic. They have these adorable floor poufs (sp?) that I wouldn't mind getting for my room. I want to price things out though and see what I would most like to use the money for. Plus I'm not sure if that fits under school supplies. I'm still looking for an official list.

But go and check it out. Be ready to ask and wait because they may not know about it, but this appears to be a nation-wide deal!

And don't forget that today is the last day for 20% at my TN store, but it is the FIRST of two days at my TPT store! If you order on TPT, make sure you enter the code BTS13 for an extra 10% off, making it 28%!
Button courtesy of Traci from Dragonflies in First

Happy shopping, and stay comfy. It's rainy and a little chilly outside here. I may even have a hot chocolate later (in my jeans and sweater)!

***Update! It's also time for Give with Target again. Click on the link to vote for your school. Twenty-five votes earns a $25 gift card for your school, and every vote after that equals $1. You can vote once every week.***

12 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the tip about Walmart! I've already done most of my BTS shopping but I'm sure I can put this to good use; I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Thanks for letting me know! I will have to swing by my Walmart to get my gift card.
    Thanks!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely have to check that out! That is fantastic!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks amazing that Walmart is offering that! I'll have to pop in on my Walmart on Monday and see if they know anything about it :)

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow Me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had hot chocolate today in my jeans and cowboy boots! Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm I didn't know that about Wal Mart! I must swing by and see if it is true! Also....I just read on another blog about the Target program and I immediately emailed my principal so he can get it publicized on our school facebook! Thanks for the tips!
    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip! I have a parent that works at Walmart, so I will ask her when I see her at school tomorrow. What type of proof did you have to show that you are a teacher?
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip! I wish it was advertised a bit more because I spent $50 there the other day. Oh well...now I can just buy more for my classroom! :)

    Meredith
    1, 2, Eyes On You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I asked at my Walt Mart and they only have a handful of cards to give out. I have to call to talk to personnel, they would not just give me the card and they certainly were not gushing with thanks. It appears it varies at each store.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I asked at my Walt Mart and they only have a handful of cards to give out. I have to call to talk to personnel, they would not just give me the card and they certainly were not gushing with thanks. It appears it varies at each store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I visited my Walmart and they had no idea what I was talking about. They assumed it was store-based. I think I'll call around to others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yipee! Thanks for sharing. I've posted to facebook but for some reason it won't paste to Pinterest.
    Thanks again for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete