Sunday, August 4, 2013

VA is for Bloggers - Southern Hospitality Freebie Hop

Have you ever heard the saying "Virginia is for Lovers"?

Title #0
Btw, I also found a picture of a former student in front of one of the MANY VA is for Lovers signs around the state you can check out here. So fun!

Well, Virginia is also for Bloggers!


I'm so excited to be linking up with my fellow Virginia blogging buddies for a freebie hop! Nikki from Teaching in Progress was so sweet to organize this, and Karen from Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten created this adorable button. There are over 20 stops, so after you visit mine, be sure to follow it along to the rest so you can collect as many goodies as possible to help you start out the school year!

For my freebie, I thought and thought about what I could create that would be appropriate for multiple grades but was a little different. Then I had an idea (of course, this idea came when I was trying very hard to sleep, and then I couldn't. Does this happen to anyone else? Drives me crazy...): What about a little booklet for students to share about their summer break? I may even create a linky for it if there's enough interest!

The reason I like this so much is that it can be as simple or as deep as you want to make it. Little kids can just write something that they loved for each color, but I could see older writers taking colors more figuratively. I hope you like it as much as I do. I can't wait to use it with my writers!


After you've clicked on the picture to download, keep on hoppin'! The next stop is...

Polka Dot Lesson Plans

So grab a glass of sweet tea and stop in for a visit for some sweet southern hospitality from Virginia. Y'all be sure to grab a freebie before you go!


13 comments:

  1. I have yet to go to one of the LOVE signs!!! I'm very disappointed in myself.

    Speaking of love, I love this freebie! You could totally make it as simple or complex of a lesson as you'd like. It could lend itself to a ton of great writing activities and a discussion of metaphors!

    Thanks for the fab freebie, friend! Can't wait to use it! I'm thinking the first day of school. Which means I have something planned for the first day of school now which is spectacular!!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  2. The freebie is perfect for back to school and will definitely be in my plans to start the year!! Thanks for sharing the love link too--have to check some of those out!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! I love your activity. Thanks for sharing :)
    -Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute post and activity! Love it and thanks for sharing.
    Carla
    Comprehension Connecion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOOOOOVE this freebie! I think my fifth graders will get really creative with this and I've already added it to my list of first week activities! Thank you so much!

    Mrs. O
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design! Thank you for sharing:)

    Teach Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to find one of those "LOVE" signs and take a picture with it! Thanks for this wonderful freebie! It makes for easy planning with ALL of my groups when we return!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great freebie! Perfect for my firsties!

    Thank you!
    Jessica
    Hanging Out in First!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great booklet! I think it will be perfect as an at your seat activity on the first day of school while I'm greeting everyone at the door and showing them where to settle in. Awesome!

    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose
    The Meek Moose on TpT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this for a first day activity! It will go great with my back to school bulletin board- "We are going to have a colorful year!" Thanks for sharing.

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this freebie! I'm going to cover colors with my kinders during our second week and will be using this during writing- LOVE it! Thanks!

    Heather
    http://thelandofican.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this freebie! I will be using this with my kinders during the first few weeks of school. I am also a VA teacher!

    ReplyDelete