Saturday, March 1, 2014

Currently March - PTL!!

February has come and gone!! Have I ever mentioned that it's my least favorite month? I know it's the shortest and there are a lot of fun holidays to celebrate, but I'm usually DONE with being cold by now and sick of being cooped up in the house when the sun goes down way too early. I live for longer days, warmer weather, and spring/summer clothes! Plus now that Keagan is older, we can enjoy more time outside on the playground or letting him ride his tricycle while we relax and talk to our neighbors.


Keagan was in a bit of a mood this morning, so I was glad that he went down for his nap easily. Unfortunately, I had a lot to do around the house and may not get a chance to watch another episode of Downton Abbey before he wakes up. We're going to try though! I have to watch them on my Kindle because the HDMI cord I bought to hook it up to the TV didn't work (apparently my TV isn't "HD" enough or something?). Anyway, I've only got 2 episodes left in Season 1, but I'm SO hooked!

I think I mentioned last month that my sister is having a little girl. Her due date was yesterday, but I've had my phone close by since last Thursday waiting to hear the news. She's in Mississippi, so I won't see the baby for another month (I'm going for a weekend April 3...not that I'm counting down...), but I'm still ready! I want pictures!!

Yeah, I feel like I've mentioned getting back on track every month since November. This month I really want to get motivated, though, because June is just around the corner and I need to do some toning! I'm going to try working out at night instead of in the mornings. We'll see if that helps.

Did you guess my question? "What is your favorite vacation spot?" I can't choose between the two!

13 comments:

  1. I love your design! The name is so true! If I stay up late forget it!

    Congrats on a new niece! Pictures will make the wait not seem so far away! Savor every second of nap time! Isn't silence bliss!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Currently! I've heard a lot about Downton Abbey, I need to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with Downton Abbey! I used all of the snow days this year to get caught up! I can't stay up late enough to watch it though, so I always have to watch it the next day!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog design!!! Praying for all of you with all of these snow days!! Hope it's better! Enjoy the silence :)
    Mrs. Thomas's Kinder
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is your question where you want to go on holidays? I hope your new baby niece or nephew comes soon!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog from Farley's currently. I teach 4th grade too, you have a cute blog. Best of luck on your modified work-out plan to be ready for June. I feel like many of us are with you in feeling the crunch there!
    :)
    Antonia @ forkin4th

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh Key West... I want to go there so much. I miss it. One of my, if not the main one, fave cities. Plus it would deff be way better than home where it is snowing yet again. Yuck.
    Mels
    Ms. K/1 ELL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the blog design advice! I will definitely check her out! I LOVE Key West but have never been to Charleston so I might have to put that on my bucket list.

    Congrats on your new niece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you tried checking out the Google Chromecast for your TV? They have it at Walmart. I know Matt at Digital: Divide and Conquer blogged about it at one point. I bought one for Jerm's house and I can control it from the ipad, phone or laptop.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just visiting from Farley's Currently linky party. LOVE your blog. Is your question something to do with where you'd like to go on spring break? Stop by and see if you can guess mine! :)

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never have watched Downtown Abbey...but I have heard really great things about it! Congrats on the new niece.....can't wait to see pics!!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa,
    My guess to your ??? is a location that you are going to for spring break? Everyone is talking about their spring break and I think of how short my break is due to snow day make ups. I was wondering if you could please check out my new teacher exchange website LIFTPackages.blogspot.com. It is a teacher exchange program in which you meet teachers and send care packages to each other. Please feel free to check out the website, sign up and pass our name along to friends!

    Thanks
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. My guess was going to be Spring Break, but with a new niece. I am thinking that it's a summer trip. I have never been to Ky West. I have heard good things though. I have been to Charleston. It is WONDERFUL. We went for 5 days and didn't see everything. So beautiful.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete