Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Work It Wednesday

I know it's been a little while since my last post, and I'll be honest. It's going to be like that for a little while as I adjust to being a mommy of two AND work to pack and move by the middle of next month. School is at the bottom of my list of concerns right now, and I'm doing well to even attempt to clear out my Bloglovin feed and at least glimpse at a few posts here and there. I promise I will come back to it eventually, but first I need to create a "new normal".


I did, however, see this linky from Katie and had to join in. She's been such an inspiration to so many (myself included) in her weight loss journey last summer, and this year I was right along with her in gaining baby weight and now trying to lose it. Although I haven't been cleared to do ANYTHING beyond walking yet, I'm still wanting to set goals and start working toward regular clothes (you know, with buttons and zippers that are more than just decoration) hopefully even by the fall.

For starters, I am very proud that I was able to maintain a healthy weight gain through this pregnancy and even continued to work out up through the beginning of the third trimester (before my schedule got crazy and then I pulled a muscle). That alone has made a HUGE difference in recovery from my first pregnancy. After leaving the hospital, I was already down 10 pounds and able to wear some of my more flowy tops and dresses. I actually packed up all of the maternity clothes I was borrowing and returned them on Monday. I was so excited!


This was a few days after coming home from the hospital. There's a bump, but not huge by any means. And I was amazed how positive I felt about my image. That was huge for me! I still have about 18 pounds to lose, which is almost entirely in my stomach area (another difference from last time), and I have 3 more weeks before I'm cleared to go to the gym. I'm itching to get back into my BodyPump class. I haven't been able to go since mid April, and I really miss it!

This past week has been tough for eating right because we've had a lot of family celebrations (a graduation AND a first birthday party back to back), but I want to start tracking my eating habits on myfitnesspal again. And if it would ever cool down a little, I want to get some good walks in as much as possible. Maybe I should try early morning or late evening and stop with the excuses.

Today we have newborn photos, so I need to choose which dress to wear. I'm actually excited to be in some of the photos this time around! The few I appeared in with Keagan as a baby, I felt like I complete wreck. Most of the time, I was hiding from the camera.

Okay, I feel like I was hopping all over the place (blaming sleep deprivation), and I only have a little longer before I have to go for these pictures. Go link up with Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment