Friday, May 22, 2015

Five for Friday: Memorial Day Weekend

I can't believe we are almost into June! Today marks my last Friday of the school year because next Friday begins my maternity leave. I may have been bragging to my co-workers about that (our school isn't out until June 12) once or twice today...


Divider-1_thumb3_thumb2_thumb2


We have been in full testing mode here since last week, which means I have been a "little" bored. Good news is that I have been able to sit and relax a lot, though!

Divider-2_thumb3_thumb2_thumb2

Another nice thing about testing is that it gives me a chance to read. I only test small group or individuals usually, so I've been reading the newest Veronica Mars book, Mr. Kiss and Tell. I loved it! Now I need to see if and when the next one will be out. This is the second, and I've really enjoyed them both!


Divider-3_thumb3

This year is the first year that Virginia is allowing retests for elementary and middle school students who score close enough to passing. Only our 5th grade students have taken it yet (the others take it my first week out), so I will be working with a remedial group on Tuesday (assuming I'm here) to prep them. I'm thinking of having snacks and games at some point to make it more positive and upbeat. Then we'll of course focus on the strands that they seemed to struggle with the most. Have any of you done remediation for testing like this? We have one day of remediation, and then they retest on Wednesday.

Divider-4_thumb3

By the way, I just realized this is probably the most boring post ever with all this testing talk. Here's one completely unrelated: we built a deck in our backyard last week, and I'm in love with it! I know, we're trying to sell our house, so it seems weird that we did it. But it was actually only $200 to build, and we're hoping it will draw more attention to our house. Besides, we have to take it off the market this weekend so we can actually adjust to having this baby, so we'll be able to enjoy the deck for most of the summer!


Divider-5_thumb3_thumb2_thumb7

Can I just say that I'm SO excited for a three day weekend? And then to realize that I only have three more work days after that makes me even happier! This preggo is starting to get a little impatient. I'm ready to hold this baby on the outside and not feel like I have a bowling ball on my stomach anymore.


Good news is that I'm still not swollen and have managed to keep my weight under control this time. All things considering, I'm feeling pretty awesome for being just shy of 38 weeks. But every time I walk into school, someone comes up to me and says, "You're still here?!" Yes...three more days...

5 comments:

  1. You're almost there! One day for remediation is crazy! Let me know if you come up with anything wonderful for fifth graders. We take ours on Tuesday and if we have any, I'll have a week to remediate.

    I'm so jealous that you can read during testing. No books for me, I'm busy burning calories as I "actively monitor" my students!

    Enjoy your long weekend! You're almost there!

    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In case you didn't notice, you're almost there! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Melissa, you look gorgeous! And your deck looks great. What a nice place to hang out!
    -Stephanie
    Applelight Moments By Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wish I could have read during testing. Even though I was one on one or small group, I had to actively monitor. I managed to get in three miles of walking one day!

    You look great for 38 weeks! I know you are ready. Enjoy that deck!!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on account of your next paycheck is utilized as security against your loan. That is the reason it is of most extreme significance that you can show verification of your customary wage when petitioning a cash advance.
    http://www.noguarantorloansu.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete