Monday, March 2, 2015

Currently March

It's March! For once (and wouldn't you know it's the time that I actually was ready for February), the month really did fly by. Maybe it's because I didn't manage to work a single full week between being sick at the beginning of the month and then snow the past two weeks. Wait. I lie. I did work a full week that very first week. I think.


Listening: Recently I've worked way less than I've been at home, so it's a strange feeling to even be at work. Although Mondays are a little nicer after a 4 day weekend, especially one that followed an entire week off from school. Anyway, breaks are still nice. And mine is just about over...

Loving: March is always a favorite because it's when I can finally hope for spring weather. And I'm especially ready for it now because my clothes are getting uncomfortable and I can't wait to wear dresses. This belly is starting to get HUGE!


Thinking: We put our house on the market about a month ago, but we haven't had any bites yet. I would love to be moved into our new house before this baby gets here, but we'll be cutting it close at this point. In other words, I'd love for someone to put a contract on our house THIS MONTH so we can get through closing before the end of May. Prayers!

Wanting: Before Christmas, I was so good about planning for a month at a time (and then just moving things around and making copies at the end of each week for the next). I haven't gotten back in that groove yet, and these snow days aren't helping. Last week, I didn't get around to making my plans for this week, so I had to hurry and put them together this morning. Now I'm already working on next week's, but I'd like to plan all the way up to April 3 by the end of this week. Then I'll just have a few weeks left after break and before testing begins. Are we really that close to the end?!

Needing: Last week, my boss handed me a copy of Strategies that Work to look over and help our teachers make sure their instruction is appropriate and as good as it can be. I brought it home knowing we'd be out a few days for snow, but I didn't even pick it up. Other than moving it out of the way. I need to work on that this week...



Spring Break Plans: I'd love to actually go somewhere, but any trip past an hour starts to get a little painful at this point (I'm 6 months along and will be 7 by break). We may make it down to the beach one day, but that will be the extent of "travel". Instead, maybe I can start thinking about putting Caffrey's room together. We have a theme in mind, but that's as far as we've gotten. As for cleaning and relaxing, I try to do those every day. It's so hard to keep the house clean enough for a showing, especially when we aren't getting any showings right now. Come on, warm weather!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello fellow Virginian! I hear you with the days away from school...haven't worked a full week since before Christmas! We had our 7th snow day today...and now I hear we are getting more ice/snow later this week. I am really just ready for spring weather!

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your baby! Your baby bump is adorable. =) Buying a new house seems super fun. Decorating it would be my favorite part!!!

    A LoveLi Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new baby! I remember being so excited about my bump just two years ago and now I am thinking about plans for her 2nd birthday. Time flies! Treasure every minute!

    Joni
    KinderKids Fun blog

    ReplyDelete